Arrakis MARC-15-15 (fully populated 15-channel, 3 output buss) console for sale. I just finished spending several hours going through all the inputs and outputs, checking everything from levels, THD+N percentages, button functions and lights in all the buttons, meter functions, etc. and it’s in excellent working condition. Price is $3,000 firm, but that’s less than half the price of purchasing it new, and this one is in great working shape, ready to be put to good use in someone’s station or studio.
If interested, I can be reached by telephone at (three-three-four) four-four-four-six-seven-nine-six, or via email at dan(at-sign)albroadcastservices.com
The MARC-15 is still being built, sold, and supported by Arrakis. This would make a great console for a new studio, or a great replacement/upgrade for existing studios, and is even priced affordable enough to serve as a spare/backup console or source of parts for a station/studio already utilizing one of the MARC series consoles from Arrakis (replacement modules run $500 or so a piece, and this one is fully populated as follows:
- (4) Mic input modules (each A/B switchable, for a total of up to 8 mics) and each input has jumper-selectable 48V Phantom Power
- (10) Stereo input modules (each A/B switchable, for a total of up to 20 stereo input sources
- (1) Telephone hybrid interface module, which even features built in mix-minus on the busses.
The console has three outputs (Program, Audition, and Utility) with each buss having both stereo and mono-mix outputs. It also sports a host of other features, including logic, studio talk-back capabilities, automatic control room speaker muting (jumper selectable), and much more.
Installation is a breeze, since input and output connections on the console are done via RJ45 connections (no fooling around with Molex-type connectors and pins.)
Arrakis offers a host of options for this console as well, including (but not limited to):
- MARC-USB Module with built-in soundcard, for interfacing with and controlling third-party software to facilitate “live assist” and/or recording from the console to the PC for production work.
- A second hybrid interface module, facilitating two phone interfaces simultaneously, and the callers can even hear one another
- Freely downloadable software for “live assist” and other functions using the optional MARC-USB console to PC interface module
- AoIP units which easily connect to the MARC-15
More info and details on this powerful console are available on the Arrakis website at: http://www.arrakis-systems.com/arrakis—marc-15.html
Meanwhile, here are a few more photos of the console, including a picture taken while I was using my NTI precision audio test equipment to go through all the inputs and outputs:
This console probably won’t be sitting around long, so contact me soon if interested.
Have a great day!
Dan Gunter, CBT
Alabama Broadcast Services, LLC
- Alabama Broadcasters Association
- Georgia Association of Broadcasters
- Society of Broadcast Engineers